Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hummingbirds

I have felt out of sorts for the past few days, really wanting to write as it usually makes me feel better.  When I attempted to write I drew a blank.  I asked my angels to help me feel better, I tried deep breathing to calm myself, I used the lavendar on my desk as aroma therapy.  I was having a hard time shaking the negative vibe I picked up today. 
Then a few minutes ago I received the most beautiful email:
A Rare treat... an albino hummingbird. Something that is seldom seen and almost NEVER photographed






Amazed at the beauty of this creature I quickly did some research and this is what I found:
A hummingbird symbolizes timeless joy and the Nectar of Life. It's a symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible and will teach you how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances. Anonymous
Hummingbirds, called new world birds cause they are native to North America, Central and South America, are considered to be symbols of peace, love and happiness, moreover, ancient pagans held them sacred for their tireless energy and anxiety.
In Native American culture, a hummingbird symbolizes timeless joy and the Nectar of Life. It's a symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible and will teach you how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances.
They are really spectacular birds, and have a lot to teach a person about self-discovery and healing.
Hummingbirds symbolize freedom, energy, tireless joy, and accomplishing things that are said to be impossible. Also, as a side-note, hummingbirds are the ONLY birds that can fly backwards.
The hummingbird has powerful spiritual significance.  In South America the hummingbird is a symbol of resurrection. It appears dead on cold nights, but comes back to life again at sunrise.
In Energy Psychetherapy, the parts of our soul that seemed to die, frozen in post-traumatic stress, wake up.
Hummingbird opens the heart. When hurt closes our hearts, we clear the hurt and our hearts open again.
Hummingbirds teach us independence, and to fight in a way where no one gets hurt. We learn courage to communicate non-violently toward ourselves and others, enabling healthy inter-dependence.
All the negativity is gone, my heart sings once again. Thank you my angels for sending me a humming bird. I needed to be reminded that the impossible will be achieved with an open heart and tireless joy

http://gotangel.com

No comments: